Omega is managed by a small core team underpinned by an experienced Board of Trustees and a strong network of advisors and supporters. The most effective way to achieve improvements in community-based projects is to work collaboratively; identifying and filling gaps in support provision.
We invite proposals, advice, feedback and new delivery partners to help in the development of projects and resources. We work in the following areas:
- All aspects of non-clinical support for family care-givers, former carers, the bereaved, the frail-elderly and socially isolated individuals
- Community outreach and engagement
- Healthy living and emotional wellbeing
- Adult literacy, basic skills and other community learning
Information for Commissioners and Potential Delivery Partners
Omega is interested in undertaking outreach and engagement assignments, developing resources, and delivering support within our charitable remit, which supports the frail/elderly and socially isolated individuals, empowers unpaid care-givers, former carers and their families, who are affected by long-term and life threatening conditions. Please invite us to submit competitive proposals for your consideration.
Skills held by members of the Omega Team and our delivery partners available for commission include:
- Strategic leadership
- Awareness raising
- Volunteer and carer recruitment
- Dispute resolution and informal mediation
- Information gathering
- Toolkit and resource development
- Customer service / information / helpdesk provision
- Telephone befriending and support
- Group support
- Outreach and community engagement
- Event management
- Graphic design
- Website management
- Public consultation
- Quality improvement
Housing Stock Managers, Care Home Providers and Others Working with Frail, Elderly Beneficiaries
We can work with you to enhance the package of services you provide to your tenant, residents, beneficiaries and their families. We are able to provide support to those facing complex conditions, including dementia. Please get in touch to discuss the many ways we can add value to your organisation by addressing the individual needs of carers, the bereaved and the socially isolated.
A Note for Employers
In addition to a demanding caring role some carers need to go out to work too! Omega has experience of supporting carers in the workplace. We are able to offer cost-effective support solutions which will lead to better understanding and prevent catastrophic carer breakdown. Please contact us to explore ways of further demonstrating to your team that you value their contribution and are committed to encouraging the use of tried and tested coping strategies to help staff juggle onerous home care commitments with the demands of the work-place. There are carers in almost every workplace. Who is taking care of your carers?
Developing more innovative cost-effective solutions which address the following:
- The provision of emergency support for family carers in financial difficulty
- Much needed short breaks and respite
- Information sharing
- Practical help including cleaning, cooking and handyman services to help beneficiaries with routine tasks outside of personal care
- Canvassing the views of beneficiaries to better understand their diverse needs
Outreach and community engagement - we are not alone
Developing and testing new ways of reaching and engaging beneficiaries is an essential element of our important work. We adopt an all-embracing ABCD community asset approach promoted by John McKnight (Asset Based Community Development; see, for example: Building Communities from the Inside Out: A Path Toward Finding and Mobilizing a Community's Assets, 1993).
By 'going where the people are', working closely with beneficiaries and a wide range of supporters and local delivery partners we are able to make fresh connections and build more relationships.
- We are always keen to explore opportunities for joint working
- You may want us to promote your activity or make Omega beneficiaries aware of some of the services you provide
- We welcome space to display posters and flyers advertising activity
If you or your organisation is in a position to help us reach more people please contact us.